Saturday, May 14, 2011

My Le Grand David Artwork

The original painting I did for Cesareo & Company
Cesareo Pelaez was very encouraging in many parts of my life, writing and painting were two big ones. These blogs are a continued reminder of his words to 'keep writing'. And with over 100 paintings devoted to magic, I think that speaks for itself. Among the 100 paintings though are several I did of Cesareo and David Bull. Three of my paintings hang in the Gallery at the Larcom Theatre in Beverly. Below are a few of the ones I painted and there will be more to come.



David Bull who IS Le Grand David
One similar to this hangs at the Larcom Theatre
The painting of David hangs in the Larcom Theatre as well as a version of the above painting of Cesareo. I did the Cesareo painting twice, with different hats. The one that is at the Larcom has a blue turban on and the colors go along with the David painting.
This was my first impressionist style painting. It does not photograph well. But in real life the painting is fantastic. Even without knowing it Cesareo teaches. In this case, he taught me how to work in another style which I continued to do for a while. But his was the first. This painting is in my personal collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment