Saturday, May 14, 2011

LeGrand David & My Folks

Mom, Cesareo, Dad

I just finished writing a little about my visits to see Cesareo and the cast of the LeGrand David Show in Beverly Mass, over at my other blog. Well, I thought I'd share with you some photos of a trip that I didn't take but was taken on my behalf. My folks went up to see Cesareo and LGD family. I'm sure part of the reason was to say thank you to Cesareo for the positive affect he had on my life.



They rolled out the red carpet for my folks, just as they had for me. They made sure to give my folks the 'special tour' which is not something that everyone gets. On the tour, Rick made sure to point out the painting of Cesareo that I did which is hanging in the Gallery of the Larcom Theatre.

Actually, there are three of my paintings hanging in the Gallery. One is seen in the photo to the left. Then there is one of David and another of Cesareo. At the time my painting was put up, I was the only person to have artwork hanging that was not a member of the company. Since that time, several other people have had paintings hung in the same section that mine is hanging.

I remember when I did the painting. I couldn't wait to bring it up to Beverly to give it to Cesareo. I never expected that he would hang it in the Gallery. By the way, it's directly across the hall from his office. It meant so much to me that they actually hung it at one of the theatres for all to see.

Mom and Rick
I mentioned the 'special tour'. Well, usually that tour is given by Rick Heath. He is one of the members of the company. He plays Albert PingPong, one of the clowns in the show. Rick is also the fellow that does all the posters and paintings. From what I understand, Cesareo comes up with the design, or perhaps they both develop the design together and then Rick paints it. He also does a great deal of the painting that can be found on the walls throughout the two theatres. He is a true artist in my book, but he is very humble. And frankly, he exemplifies the Le Grand David attitude totally, he is kind, friendly, thoughtful and goes out of his way to make you feel welcome. One of my favorite parts of visiting is spending time with Rick, though the last time I was there we ran out of time to do that.

It's very easy to point to one or two people and give them all the credit but they are truly a family and they ALL went out of their way to make me feel part of their family and they did the same for my folks. Cesareo is the head of the family and the rest are all equally valuable members. They watch out for each other, they give their all in the shows, they put in countless hours behind the scenes and they are just are one really special group of people. I'm glad to be part of the extended family and grateful for the way they treated my Mom and Dad when they visited.

Go here to see some of my LGD artwork http://artistofmystery.blogspot.com/2011/05/my-le-grand-david-artwork.html

No comments:

Post a Comment