Thursday, March 19, 2015

Magic Show Projects for 2015


I'm very excited about a new project that is an offshoot of my Steampunk Illusionist Show. It's a brand new show presented in a very Victorian style. I have always loved the shows of Hofzinser, Robert-Houdin, and Malini. They created wonderful magic in more intimate settings and I've always wanted to create a similar kind of show. There are a number of performers all over the world who are doing that very thing. Many are presenting what are called 'formal close-up' shows. Some are presenting a mix of close-up and magic.

My new show will be a mix of magic & mysteries from the Victorian era as well as contemporary material presented in a Victorian style. Expect to see demonstrations of thought reading, displays of dexterity and moments of manipulation. The show is currently in development, but we intend to have a show that can play in small parlor like venues up to small theatres. Naturally, the theatre venues will have slightly different material. I'll continue to give you updates as we progress. The website is NOT online yet, but should be very soon.

You may notice to subject above says "Magic Show PROJECTS For 2015", well one of those things is finding a home for the parlor version of Astonify. We'd like to eventually set it up as a resident Magic Show. For how long? Not sure, but I'd be happy with a short run to test the waters. I know the area is ripe for this sort of thing. There already is a very long running resident magic show in Maryland, and there is a Magic Nightclub of sorts in Baltimore. I've had friends in the area do a short run with their shows in the area and everyone has been successful. Why? Well, my friends are very good performers for one, and two, magic is really HOT right now. Once the Astonify.com site is up, you can sign-up for our mailing list to find out when and where the show will be.


No comments:

Post a Comment