Thursday, October 20, 2011

GHOST in the Machine

This began last weekend on October 14th. I was visiting my ancestral home and staying at a very nice B&B. Turns out the building was once the local Mortuary. This didn't set well with me at first, but I soon forgot about it.

I habitually use my phone as an alarm clock and put it next to the bed, just as I always do. I set the phone next to the bed, with a full charge, 100% battery life. Off to sleep I went. In the morning I checked to see what time it was and my phone would not turn on. The phone was totally dead. This has never ever happened to me before. Very strange.

The next night I kept it plugged in and had no repeat of the problem. However, on the way home I noticed the 'Voice Control' on my phone kept coming on. And occasionally music would begin playing (the itunes feature). It was driving me nuts, as I had not dropped the phone or every had this problem. Even the first day back the problem continued.

Now, as if it had never happened, the phone is fine and the voice control does not come on by itself and the music won't play unless I go to itunes and turn it on. Very strange stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment