Monday, October 10, 2011

New Updated Video


A few years ago I decided to take some of the footage from the numerous tapes of the Underground Magic Theatre shows and create a DVD. It would be called 'The Best of The Underground Magic Theatre' and it turned out quite well. I sold a lot of the videos and was getting ready to make a new batch when I discovered something shocking. The video files were gone.

Apparently, in my rush to save data from my old computer to an external drive, before the computer totally died on me, I must have not done something correctly. I had the footage, but it was not in the timeline, so basically all I had was the raw unedited footage but not the finished project.

At first I thought this was going to be a nightmare. But as it turns out it was a bit of a blessing. I chose to change some of the content from the original show and insert things I had not featured before. Many of the original content stayed the same, but somethings ended up on the cutting room floor this time around.

Something that I had wanted in the original DVD was a video I shot of me walking through the entire theatre, showing the Museum Walls and so forth. But I lost it and was not able to add it to the original DVD. Well, since that time I have located it and now it's part of the this DVD. I also chose to add a 'Teach-a-Trick' routine to the DVD and have included a trick inside the DVD package.

The stinker is, I've only got about 50 DVD covers available and once they are gone, I'm not sure I'm going to print them again, which means, these last 50 will be a special edition and there will be no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment