Monday, September 26, 2011

The Doug Henning Paintings


The following images are paintings I did of Doug Henning. They were all done back to back within a day or so of each other. You'll notice how I incorporated elements of the two smaller ones into the painting with the white background, which to me is the best of the bunch. That particular painting was one selected by Stan Allen to appear during the Cover Party during one of the MAGIC Live conventions.
I remember Bill Malone coming over and saying some very kind things in regards to my artwork, which was very nice of him.

Without Doug Henning, many of us wouldn't be in magic today. A biography about Doug called 'Spellbound' which was written by John Harrison, mentions that a very young David Copperfield was present on the opening night of Doug Henning's show on Broadway. I doubt he was known as Copperfield at the time but it sure was interesting to read that he was there as history was being made.

These three Henning paintings are all done in acrylic. I'm pretty positive they won't be the last time I paint Doug Henning.

No comments:

Post a Comment