Sunday, March 25, 2012

Lance Burton Painting


So here is a painting 2 years in the making. Actually, I started it two years ago, but then didn't touch it until very recently. I think the reason it sat was because I just wasn't sure what I wanted to do with it. There is a very famous LB photo of him with is floating birdcage that I used as the basis for the pose. But I didn't want to birdcage. I wanted something else but I wasn't sure what. For a long time it was just Lance and his hand, and the fingers were posed differently than what was in the photo.

The original artwork had a different background and was not done in blues but in flesh tones. When I decided to go for the blue, I also decided to add the bird. It's got a cool look. Not sure how thrilled I am with it though. But then again, that's the case with all my artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment