Friday, January 31, 2014

The New Steampunk Show Continues to Take Shape

I can't recall if I've mentioned this show on this particular blog. But for some time now I've been developing a Steampunk Magic Show. But more than a magic show. The desire is to actually create a magic play of sorts. In the mean time we are working out material, testing costumes and enjoying the process.

I've presented a lot of the material already but it always can be improved. And there is nothing like a video of the show to put it all in perspective. Our most recent performance garnered a standing ovation. But it was not without some holes.......these known only to us. One of the things that became apparent from watching the video was 'scale'. Many of the early performances were more platform based performances or small audience performances. But if you put this material in front of a large group, several hundred+ then it becomes apparent that the scale is a little small.

Thankfully, that is an easy fix and we've already begun to alter the material for much larger audiences.

The next issue is converting some existing material over to steampunk. My philosophy is 'why re-invent the wheel?'  So I'm taking routines from my Artist of Mystery Show and putting it into the new steampunk show. An interesting thing has happened when I did that. The material for Artist of Mystery began to grow. In other words, I began to discover and create new material for that show. So basically, we have TWO really wild shows to offer.

One of the shows this week was actually a dual show. Meaning, we did Artist of Mystery in the first half and Steampunk in the second half. It was quite strong. But now, it leads me to some new ideas, new ways to further develop this program. By the way, if you are interested in checking out the show you can go to www.SteampunkIllusionist.com

No comments:

Post a Comment