Saturday, March 24, 2012

Cesareo Tribute Painting


I painted this cubism style image of my friend Cesareo, performing his linking rings, about two weeks ago now. I had done the original sketch years before but never put the sketch on canvas. Something possessed me to do it and I finally finished it. I sent the image to David at LeGrand David to show Cesareo. I don't know now if that happened or not.

Cesareo passed away this morning at 3:00am. It is a very difficult day for me, and frankly for many people who knew Cesareo. I cannot imagine what my magic family in Beverly are going through right now. My heart goes out to all of them. The magic world has lost an icon, a real giant. But most of all, so many of us have lost a dear friend.

Below is another painting I did of Cesareo presenting the Linking Rings in an impressionistic style.

more of my LeGrand David Artwork,

No comments:

Post a Comment