Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Releasing The Brakes

Releasing the brakes was a term I first read in The Success Principles by Jack Canfield. The idea was that to get moving, you've got to let go of the brakes and GO! Sometimes we hold ourselves back and just releasing the brakes is all we need to do to see a change.

Well today must have been some kind of 'Releasing the Brakes' day. Though not for me, lol. For my clients. I could not keep up with the phone calls and emails for shows today. I DID get back to everyone eventually but I spent the entire work day on the phone scheduling shows. It got to the point it was kind of funny because I'd think to myself, "wow this day was great but there is no way the phone is going to keep going like that" and then it would ring again! I wrapped things up at 6pm, but just found four more emails for gigs.

It's no secret that my show is popular. It's also not because I have a big head. It's due to constant marketing, promotion, handing out business cards and materials, meeting new prospects, in other words, besides having a very good and entertaining show, it's a lot of hard work that goes into it. Plus it's having fantastic repeat customers that make performing for a living an absolute joy.

I'm very grateful for every client that books and for all the new clients I pick up. Thank you all for days like today and I look forward to bringing my show to your events soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment