Friday, January 21, 2011

Rope Escape Wednesday Night

I had the honor of doing a show for a great family audience of about 100 people on Wednesday. One of the things I decided to do in my show was a Rope Escape that I sort of learned from Steve Baker.  He gave me permission to use his routine and I apply it to my routine.

So I get two people up to tie my hands on Wednesday night. It's been almost a year since I last did this and frankly these two people tied me like they were out to win a prize. My hands have never discolored so quickly. I usually give myself a minute to get out, given that only my hands are tied. But for whatever reason this night I said 30 seconds.

Did I mention they tied me super tight? As I began the escape in front of everyone the first thing I noticed was I couldn't even twist my hands around. The bonds were so tight that it prevented any movement of my wrists. I could hear the time keeping calling out 15 seconds 20 seconds...in the back of my head I'm trying to figure out what to do because 30 seconds is almost here and I don't think I'm going to pull this one off (a minute is what I need)

27 seconds, 28, seconds, 29 seconds, THIRTY! And I'm OUT!!!! Not exactly 100% sure how either, but I was out. This is not a fake piece of rope or a special tricky tie. It's all legit and they tied my hands in a manner that I'd never encountered before. My wrists hurt like crazy and the rope marks were clearly embedded in my skin. But I got out!

Note to self, next time tell them 1 minute

No comments:

Post a Comment