Tuesday, December 14, 2010

2011

I can't say that I'm completely happy with how this year has ended. There were some things that I wanted to do that I just never got around to. Plus I dropped the ball on something rather important to me, reading. I had set a goal a couple years ago to read at least 10 books a year. I know, not that big a goal for some folks who love to read, but for me, it was pretty big. Well I read 21 books that year. That was two years ago. Last year I think it was half that. This year, 1 book. That's kind of embarrassing. I have been a reading fool that last few weeks, but it's been research so I've not been completing books, just scouring through particular chapters.

So let's move to 2011. There are at least three, no strike that, FOUR major things I want to do this year. Plus a whole lot of smaller things. It's always been my desire to do a Jail Escape. I found one a few years ago but I never really followed through. This year I'm going to have to do something with it for sure.

The next thing is The Magic of Christmas. This was an idea I had a few years ago also. I had the idea but it never went beyond that. Basically, the Magic of Christmas is a big theatre show celebrating Christmas.
It could be tied in to charity fund-raising possibly which would be nice. But I'd love to do a show of that nature. I figure it may take a year of planning just to get that going.

The other two things, I'm keeping close and not letting those out of the bag other than to say one of them involves Halloween.

As for the small goals, I'd like to get the Carnegie Entertainment Agency up and running. I started on that this Fall and then I lost my computer and tons of files and it happened at the worst time. So once the new year kicks in I'll get that running. I want to set some new records for shows this summer. Summer is always big for me and I'd like this year to be the biggest yet. Oh and there is one piece, one magic routine that I really really really want to get into the show.

So there you go, it's a start. I actually make up a Goals Book with the lists of everything I want to do. It's quiet helpful for keeping you on track, it's also helpful to show you how you slacked off if you end up dropping the ball, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment