Friday, December 31, 2010

Houdini Painting Stained Glass


I never know what will inspire me. I've been wanting to do a new Houdini painting but had nothing in my head. Then yesterday I saw a picture of a stained glass window. So I decided to try a painting that looks like a stained glass. It's on canvas, not glass, though the finished product would look killer on glass.

It's certainly a fun painting and has a really cool look to it. I chose a profile just to keep Houdini's facial features simple. I could have blocked all the facial features but I don't think it would have looked like Houdini. So instead I went after the technique that is used in a lot of stained glass windows that have figures of people on them. The faces and hands are usually painted and added to other colored glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment