Sunday, December 26, 2010

Blackstone Profile


I just finished this about 10 minutes ago. I wanted to do more of the profile paintings and this time I did a caricature profile of Blackstone Sr.. I've painted Blackstone a number of times, but I really like the look of this.

I'm keeping the red background for the 'old time' magicians but I think I'm going to switch to a different color for the modern age of magicians, IF I do anyone from the modern age. Once again, this is acrylic on canvas and the size is 16x20.

Update: For most artists when they sign their painting that means it's finished. For me, when I sign the BACK that means it's officially done. I usually put all the information on the back such as medium, size, name of painting, date completed and such. I may alter this painting slightly, though I have not yet made up my mind completely. If I do it will be in the next day or so. IF I don't do it by then I'll sign the back and it will be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment