Monday, December 13, 2010

Magazine Cover


Well here it is, the cover of the Kidabra Journal. Inside is a pretty lengthy write-up on yours truly.
The interview by Skip Wade is fantastic. It’s quite in depth and really covers a broad period of time rather quickly. Within the article is a sidebar that I wrote on my artwork. I share with the readers where and why I began doing paintings of magicians. And then there are two effects that I share with the readers as well.

For those unfamiliar, I am a columnist for this magazine and I write a bi-monthly column on magic. The name of my column is ‘Conjuring for Kids’ though that is hardly accurate. I think only one column actually had an effect specifically for kids, the rest of the columns have been mostly magic geared towards families, meaning adults and kids.

My column is getting a make-over next month and I'm renaming the column All Things Magical, as that is for more appropriate given the monthly content.

One thing I'd like to add about the Kidabra Conf/Magazine/Organization, though it does cater to the family and kidshow performer, the content within the magazine is some of the best you'll ever read. Solid marketing advice, solid management advice, the tricks are fantastic and practical (very rarely will you find a card trick). The articles are written mostly by full time entertainers and or those with many many years of experience. I've been writing for the magazine for three years.

* In August of 2010, I presented a lecture at the Kidabra Conference, and also hosted an event called 'The Magic Detective'.

(this is a reprint from July 18th, 2010, previous blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment