Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blackstone Sr. 3 in Magic Hat Series


Harry Blackstone Sr. was a contemporary of Houdini. They were friendly enemies. Blackstone continued to perform into the 50s and 60 and died in 1965. Some of his signature routines included The Dancing Handkerchief and the Floating Light Bulb. His son Harry Jr. would also become a magician and perform many of his fathers routines in a contemporary fashion.

This was a piece that I was unhappy with. Even today I dislike it. It doesn't have the same look as the Kellar. To me it seems as if my artistic abilities went backwards instead of forwards. This is my own personal criticism. I have many people who love the Blackstone/Hat, so though I may not agree, I'm not going to argue.

This piece is acrylic as well and the size is larger than the Houdini and the Kellar. This one is 24x30.

No comments:

Post a Comment