Friday, December 10, 2010

Houdini Again


I'm doing a little cross promotion for myself today. The painting above is of the eyes of Houdini. And most of the artwork you'll see here will be magic related, though I might slip the odd non-magic thing in on occasion. If you are interested in magic as well as my art, you must visit my other blog at www.deancarnegie.blogspot.com   That blog is devoted to the history of magic and is very heavy on Houdini history.

The painting above was done in acrylics about ten years ago. The desire was to capture the hypnotic look in the eyes which is why everything else is very basic but the eyeballs have detail. The photo doesn't quite to justice to the actual painting. I've received a lot of comments over the years as every magician picks out that it's HOUDINI even without seeing the rest of the face.

No comments:

Post a Comment